A doula is...
"a trained professional who provides continuous physical, emotional and informational support to a mother before, during and shortly after childbirth to help her achieve the healthiest, most satisfying experience possible." – DONA
A doula can...
- help with comfort measures
- reduce negative feelings about the childbirth process
- shorten the labor time with fewer complications
- reduce the need for interventions such as forceps and vacuum delivers
- reduce the need for a C section
- reduces the mother's request for pain medication and epidurals
- assist with initial breastfeeding
- supply educational information and resources
- help the partner feel confident and involved
- Mediate and help you advocate for your own birth choices
- improve baby bonding post birth
Is this your first pregnancy? Thinking about a VBAC? Looking for an all natural labor and birth? Want to feel confident in the birthing process? Would you just like to feel supported?
Please contact me directly with any questions, comments, or scheduling inquiries you may have.
P.O. Box 131 Dane, WI 53529
Copyright © 2018 Dragonfly Birthworks